Oct 23, 2019
MATH 0314 - NCBO for College Algebra
Credit Hours: 3
Contact Hours - Lab: 3
Math 0314 is a non-course based option covering objectives students will need to be successful in College Algebra, MATH 1314 CIP Code: (3201045419)
Prerequisite: MATH 0308 or Placement by Testing Corequisite: MATH 1314
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Recognize, understand, and analyze features of a function.
2. Perform operations using integer and rational exponents.
3. Factor and perform operations with polynomials.
4. Simplify and perform operations with rational and radical expressions to include complex numbers.
5. Solve linear, polynomial, radical, and rational equations.
6. Solve linear and absolute value inequalities of a single variable and express solutions sets in set builder and interval notation.
7. Solve quadratic equations by factoring, completing the square, and the quadratic formula.
8. Graph linear and quadratic functions.
9. Write linear equations in standard form.
10. Solve systems of linear equations and related applications.